Quotes By Baba Amte(Murlidhar Devidas Amte)

Motivational-
"Enough ants can destroy a python."
"A captain never deserts a sinking ship. To save a sinking country, brave sailors must emerge!"
"You never see a dead lion in his cave; you never see an old bird die in her nest. Then why should I? Hearth is where the heart is."
Learn the art of living by leaping and not by limping.
Factual-
"Only a full stomach can afford to be principled."
"One can live without fingers, but not self-respect."
Happiness dies when it is not shared.
Religious-
To me, God is truth & love, God is ethics & morality, God is fearlessness, God is the course of light & life & yet above & beyond, he is conscience...
"I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see, I sought my god, but my god eluded me; And then I sought my sisters and my brothers, and in them I found all three."
Others-
National integration can not be legislated through an act in parliament.

Work builds, charity destroys.
Give them a chance not charity.

"When you give roses to others, the perfume is bound to linger on your hands!"
"Gandhi’s whole life was sterilized by truth."
Tree is a symbol of liberty... (A pole of liberty)... Every bird occupying its twigs is messenger of love, faith, equality, & courage & every fluttering leaf is a national flag.
"First you have to take the spear in your heart, then you can take the crown on your head."

"I don't want to be a great leader; I want to be a man who goes around with a little oil can and when he sees a breakdown, offers his help. To me, the man who does that is greater than any holy man in saffron-colored robes. The mechanic with the oilcan: that is my ideal in life."
"I am leaving to live along the Narmada. Narmada will linger on the lips of the nation as a symbol of all struggles against social injustice." (About going to the Narmada valley to support Narmada Bachao Andolan)